- Exercise Regularly – This does not have to be anything overly strenuous. Something as simple as a daily walk can make a huge difference.
- Eat A Healthy Diet – Proper nutrients allow the body to repair itself easier
- Maintain Good Posture – Are you sitting up straight as you read this?
- Stretch Your Spine Before And After Sports – This will also help to loosen up the surrounding muscles.
- Don’t Overload Your Backpack Or Purse – Remember to carry it over both shoulders to balance the load (if possible).
- Stretch Your Legs And Back After Each Hour Of Sitting – Whether in a car or at a desk, stretching regularly will help to keep you from tightening up or injuring yourself further.
- Never Cradle The Phone Between Your Neck And Shoulder
- Sleep On Your back Or Side, Not On Your Stomach – This helps to keep your spine in line and reduces the risk of hurting your neck while you sleep.
- Invest In A Good Chair, Pillow, Mattress and a good pair of shoes! – When you think about the amount of time you use these things each day, it’s worth it.
- Have Regular Spinal Check-Ups – It’s much easier to prevent a problem than to correct one
Active Release Techniques
Arvidson Health Center
379 Main Street
Tilton, NH 03276
(603) 286-BACK (2225)